7.30.2012

Grey Fox Bluegrass Festival 2012

The only thing I like more than electronic is grass, and after Electric Forest a more relaxed and music-oriented festival was desperately needed. Grey Fox has been happening for years (approximately 30), and before that it was called the Winterhawk Festival.  In it's current form, Grey Fox offers the creme de la creme of bluegrass on a scenic farm up in the Catskills.  Literally everyone who you'd want to see, all in one weekend.  I never thought I'd see David Grisman live, let alone with a jazz sextet, or that I'd meet Del McCoury and the banjo player from Crooked Still.   This is truly one of the best festivals I've ever been to, in terms of the music and the community.  Also, go see Della Mae whenever you can. 
All images are from good friend David Lee, aka Gypsyshooter. Look for him at a festival near you!


The first 10 minutes of Stringdusters set
 
The last 2 encore songs from Stringdusters
 




SETS