4.24.2011

Jambando 6




Last night was the 6th annual and my 1st Jambando festival at the Plaza Theatre in Orlando. This shit was so well put together, it was a perfect 8 hour bubble of bluegrass, jam, art and barbecue. I got there a little late, and missed a shit load of bands, but I set up shop outside the bluegrass tent on the front porch. Orlando natives Token Gamblers were finger pickin' good, and played a great set despite the electric noise leaking from inside the plaza. Next in line were the Flat Mountain Band, all the way from Portland, OR who did an awesome cover of "Rollin' In My Sweet Baby's Arms", among other things.
As expected, Railroad Earth was amazing. Besides getting my necessary dose of NJ for the week, seeing them in a venue that small was like hanging out with them at someones house, and they looked to be having as much fun as we were.These guys really never fail to deliver, and they somehow can change seamlessly from foot stomping jams to wistful, beautiful ballads. Between Railroad and Yonder, I have been infected with the bluegrass bug for life. Really a great show.
I'll put the set list up videos up when I find them. So if you're ever in the Orlando area around Easter, JAMBANDO!

Railroad Earth - "Jupiter & The 119"

No comments:

Post a Comment