12.10.2010

Mac Lethal - Love Potion 5

It's rare that I find a rap or hip-hop tape that I can listen to straight through, let alone on repeat. I'm not going to hype this up too much, but this mixtape makes me love hip-hop again, and gives me faith in humanity. Mac Lethal is honest as fuck. Every track has a different, unique beat and his flow is remarkable. There are no catchy hooks or radio friendly tracks, just eloquent and complex rhymes that leave you waiting for what he's gonna say next. Fucked up relationships, smoking kratom, acid binges, hating Pitchfork, twitter, politics, fake mc's, playing gears of war, paying the rent, staying educated; his commentary is priceless. Words like 'real' and 'legit' get thrown around a lot in the world of hip-hop, but Mac Lethal is one of the only dudes I've yet heard who I would actually apply those adjectives to.
You can get Love Potion 5 on itunes for $9.99, shits worth every penny. Here are my two favorite tracks off of the tape.



No comments:

Post a Comment