8.22.2011

The Mother Hips

Sometimes, one may ask, "What's good?". My reply would be that this is good. The Mother Hips have been rocking and rolling in the Bay area for almost 20 years. Both songs are off 'Kiss The Crystal Flake'. I realize I say this a lot, but the whole album is great. To commemorate 1/5 of a century worth of music, The Mother Hips are releasing a 4-disc box set entitled 'Days of Sun and Grass' which will feature an unreasonable amount of unreleased material, covers, b-sides, and demos.
Thanks a lot to the random hiking guide in Costa Rica who told me about these guys when I was little. And to Chris Dyer of Positive Creations for making all of the sick art that frequently gets put up on here.


The Mother Hips - "Time-Sick Son of a Grizzly Bear"

The Mother Hips - "Time We Had"