2.20.2011

Phish - "Specimens of Beauty" & "Tracking"

The documentaries just keep coming, and I'm going to marry youtube pretty soon. "Specimens of Beauty" was originally included with the first wave of releases of 'Undermind', but now is available on the Tube. Who could have guessed. Hide your kids and hide your wife, "Tracking" is filmed and edited solely by the animals and children which live inside Mike Gordon's head.





"While in the studio recording the album 'Hoister' I sported a video camera. Sometimes I pushed the record button. Others, the stop. Alas, I edited. Using machines small yet sweet, I assembled Tracking. This isn't about railroad tracks or stuffing things up the tender nostril. It's about 48 tracks of sound, adjacent on strips of plastic. Like mixing lilac petals, coriander, chunks of butter, and fennel into a soup. Tracking is the recording of different sounds, adjacent on strips of plastic. The sounds are adjacent on strips of plastic. (Am I confusing you? What are you an ape child?) Anway, I hope you enjoy this special new item."
---Mike




No comments:

Post a Comment