6.01.2010

Michael Franti - "Skin On The Drum (Bassnectar remix)"

I've never been a fan of Michael Franti. For some reason I always thought he was pretty lame, but I also only saw him live once. However, I heard this little ditty the other day and had no choice but to decide that he is a boss. And as usual, Bassnectar is still boss. Franti sounds a lot like Saul Williams on this one, switching between spoken word poetry and rhythmic chanting. The beat is great, and Bassnectar gives it a little extra tweaking. A big thanks to Erin for this. (Unfortunately you can't get the track anywhere else besides itunes, but it's worth shelling out $4.95)

"I was born botanical,
the soul of an animal
deep beneath the layers, I sink my roots
no need for mechanical-
I come strictly organical."




Listen

No comments:

Post a Comment